Our client is recognized as an industry leader in management and real estate operations. Our team manages the day-to-day operations of over 18,000 residential dwelling units across approximately 400 multi-family buildings throughout the New York Tri-state area.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager (GM) in the oversight of all operational aspects of the property.
- Supports the GM with the implementation of regulatory compliance efforts and leasing coordinated efforts (i.e. continuous occupancy management, logistical coordination of move-ins/vacates/turnover)
- Supports the GM in oversight/implementation of site-specific operational policies and procedures to ensure maximum performance by all employees
- Oversees the concierge staff and all other on-site/dedicated associates to ensure high quality and professionalism
- Works closely with the GM and L+M legal/insurance groups to properly document and recover evidence for any onsite incident, injury, and/or claims
- Posts rental payments and continuously review account ledgers for accuracy
- Supports the GM in pursuing tenant arrears, and initiates non-payment proceedings on any delinquent accounts.
- Assists GM with all active and aged (HDP, DOB, ECB) violations including follow up with CHA (Cohen Hochman & Allen) and updating SiteCompli
- Manages and works closely with GM on any/all financial related matters
- Reviews PHA rental breakdowns and adjust ledgers to ensure proper accounting of HAP vs. TTP charges.
- Plans and coordinates regular resident functions to include invites, music, catering, games, etc.
- Manages and updates BuildingLink ensuring resident data is accurate
- Supports the leasing team on any/all renewal, lease termination, and/or lease negotiations
Background and Skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Must have project management experience
- Must have experience in residential housing (market-rate and/or affordable) and regulatory compliance
- Must possess exemplary customer service skills
- Must display an ability to complete tasks/projects on-time
- Building system knowledge, preferred
- Proficiency in Yardi, preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Preferred Certifications: RAM, ARM, AHM, LIHTC and CPM
Yrs. Industry Experience Required
- 3+ years of property management experience