Our client, one of the most prominent real estate firms in LA, is looking for an Accounting Manager.
The Manager role will work with the Commercial Accounting group. The Commercial Accounting group is responsible for the daily accounting operations of our client’s commercial portfolio which covers retail, office, condominium, restaurant and experiences areas. The group’s responsibilities include internal and external management reporting, debt and partner compliance as well as interacting with lease administration, treasury and information technology.
The Manager will be responsible for the day to day oversight and preparation of financial reporting, daily and period end accounting activities, performing general ledger financial analysis, cash management, cash flow analysis, assisting with preparing financial items, preparing annual year-end projections, and analyzing monthly and year-to date budget variances. This position also involves collaboration with the finance team and senior leaders to produce a variety of high quality, monthly and quarterly reports that are used companywide for reporting, analysis and planning. The ideal candidate is a highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
The Manager will report to the Controller, have oversight of a senior accountant and will be based in our Los Angeles office.
- Assist in the daily accounting for the various activities and transactions
- Review and analyze the general ledger, financial statements and prepare appropriate accrual and adjusting journal entries in accordance with GAAP
- Review monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare financial statement analysis for management and partners on a GAAP basis
- Collaborate with controller and business executives on monthly cash flow forecasting
- Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly and year end work paper packages from posted journal entries and general ledger analysis
- Assist in the preparation of annual audited financial statements on GAAP and IFRS basis
- Assist with preparation of yearly budgets and quarterly forecasting
- Create reporting templates, formulate analysis using applications such as Excel, and JD Edwards accounting software and participate in various business process/technology integration initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of real estate experience, CPA preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP/accounting theory
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Mature professional with sound judgement and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with standard suite of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Knowledge of JD Edwards a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently with attention to details