The Construction Estimator is responsible for developing cost estimates for construction as required by clients’ documents under direct supervision.
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid.
- Executes electronic quantity take-offs of construction documents.
- Inputs take-offs into an estimate spreadsheet.
- Manages subcontractor database and contact information.
- Obtains cost proposals from subcontractors.
- Prepares cost analysis in computer by outlining material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items and organizing them on company server.
- Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, makes an estimate.
- Informs the immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Photocopies documents and plans.
- Analyzes architectural blueprints.
- Able to download, organize and distribute contract drawings and documents.
- May visit field of active projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Business, or Financing is preferred.
- Proficiency with Procore or other estimating software.