Our client, a top Owner, Operator, and Manager of shopping centers is looking for an Estimator to join their team. This individual will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of construction for 10 + projects starting from $1 million and up.
- Has full knowledge of Plans and Specs for project assigned
- Establishes and maintains good working relations with Owners and Architects
- Makes sure that Field Superintendent is satisfactorily performing all required tasks
- Prepares the trade payment breakdown for owners requisition
- Prepares subcontractor’s breakdowns and submits to accounting
- Solicits prices and selects with SPM/Op. Mgr. suppliers for major materials
- Procures materials for labor only trades
- Monitors job progress schedules and flags delays. Coordinates meetings to resolve delays and bring project back on schedule.
- Prepares the following schedules/charts and submits to JW prior to commencement of work and updates the same on a monthly basis and submits to JW.
o Long lead material schedule
o Monthly requisition projection
o Job progress schedule
o Submittal schedule (updated using Sage)
o Change order log (updated using Sage)
o RFI Log (updated using Sage)
- Reviews invoices and back charge tickets for accuracy and approves same
- Attends all Owner’s and Architect’s job site meetings
- Prepares pencil requisitions for payment to owner
- For every change order identified, PM prepares cost breakdown and change order proposal and submits to SPM for review
- Prepares Subcontractor’s payment requisition as required
- Conducts a weekly jobsite subcontractors meeting
- Sees that construction cost targets are met and helps establish strategies to “beat” the budget
- Submits weekly attendance sheets for MEGA personnel on job site
- Collects and submits all required paperwork in connection with the project
- Performs evaluations of Site Superintendents on an annual basis and discusses with SPM/Op. Mgr.
- Makes sure that all project personnel are familiar with and adhere to company policies & procedures.
- Resolves conflicts relating to field operation resources, i.e. labor, material, equipment and subcontractors
- Follow up with owners, architects, engineers and consultants for any outstanding construction documents
- Upon receiving a new project PM shall attend the jobsite kickoff meeting
- Coordinate the DOB/DOT new building meeting
- Monitor project DOB permits, applications, signoffs and filings
- Call for DOB controlled inspections
- Coordinate any special inspections
- Review any DOB, DOT and OSHA violations related to the project
- Review plans with any necessary consultants
- Monitor expeditors and ensure they attend closeout meetings at the end of a project
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture
- 5 – 10 years of construction operations experience required (prior experience with shopping centers preferred)
- Ability to travel on a regular basis