About the client:
Our client is a well-established and growing Heavy Civil Contractor with a strong backlog of public and private projects in the NYC metro area. Projects include infrastructure work, underground utilities, landfill closures, excavation support systems, deep foundations, directional drilling and demolition work.
The Utilities Superintendent is responsible for the overall management and coordination of bridge construction projects from start to finish. This includes planning, scheduling, budgeting, and overseeing the work of all subcontractors.
- Plan, schedule, and budget construction projects
- Oversee the work of all subcontractors including Site Safety
- Ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards
- Resolve any unexpected problems that may arise during construction
- Maintain accurate records of all construction activities
- Prepare reports for the Project Manager and other stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience as a Superintendent
- Strong understanding of Civil Construction and Utility work in NYC
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team