My client, a real estate developer based in Brooklyn is seeking a hands-on Controller to add to their team. This person will work closely with ownership and oversee all finance and accounting matters for the company.
· Require a knowledge of U.S. tax laws and codes.
· Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and informational reports; statements and supporting analyses are issued by the 10th of each month.
· Project and analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business leaders. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas.
· Oversee the approval and processing of department budgets and subsequent rolling forecasts, mass salary updates, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry.
· Enforce departmental budgets. Manage approval of new budgetary requests with approval from Owners.
· Develop, document and implement finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures as needed.
· Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
· Ability to prepare and run a yearend review or audit as required by lenders with minimal financial adjustments.
· Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings; prepare agendas, document action items and distribute meeting minutes.
· Strong competency in Quickbooks, Buildium, and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.