About our Client:
Our client is a global leader in med device manufacturing. They have been in business for over 100 years and are in acquisition mode completing 10 in the last decade. The average company tenure is 15 years and they love promoting from within.
As a Cost Accountant, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of cost accounting within our manufacturing plant. Your primary focus will be utilizing Oracle systems to collect, analyze, and report financial data related to inventory, production costs, and operational expenses. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including production, procurement, and finance, to gather relevant information, perform cost analysis, and provide actionable insights to drive cost optimization initiatives.
- Utilize Oracle systems to gather, analyze, and report accurate cost accounting data.
- Monitor inventory levels, production costs, and operational expenses to ensure alignment with budgets and financial targets.
- Collaborate with the production team to establish and maintain standard costs for raw materials, work-in-progress, and finished goods.
- Conduct regular cost variance analysis, investigating and explaining any discrepancies between standard costs and actual costs.
- Develop and implement cost control measures, identifying areas for improvement and recommending cost-saving strategies.
- Prepare detailed cost reports and financial statements for management, highlighting key findings and providing actionable insights.
- Support the annual budgeting and forecasting processes by providing cost-related inputs and participating in financial planning discussions.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing activities, ensuring accurate cost allocation and reconciliation.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors to facilitate timely and accurate completion of audits.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, regulations, and best practices in cost accounting, and recommend process improvements accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Professional certification such as Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is preferred.
- Proven experience as a Cost Accountant in a manufacturing plant environment, utilizing Oracle systems.
- Strong proficiency in using Oracle Financials and other relevant modules for cost accounting.
- In-depth knowledge of cost accounting principles, methods, and best practices.
- Proficient in financial analysis and cost variance analysis techniques.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other financial software.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present complex financial information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com