OUR CLIENT, AN INDEPENDENT SMALL AGENCY (ABOUT 200PPL), IS SEEKING AN EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR. THIS PERSON WILL BUILD THE AGENCY’S CREATIVE CAPABILITIES INTERNALLY FROM THE GROUND UP, OVERSEEING CREATIVE ACROSS THE ENTIRE AGENCY PORTFOLIO, WHILE SPEARHEADING IDEATION ACROSS NEW BUSINESS AND EXISTING CLIENTS.
THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR SOMEONE WHO IS A BUILDER. IN CLOSE COLLABORATION WITH THE SENIOR LEADERSHIP TEAM, THIS PERSON WILL HELP TO STEER THE DIRECTION OF THE AGENCY’S FUTURE.
OUR CLIENT COMES FROM THE MED-COMMS SPACE, CREATING IMPACTFUL WORK FOR BOTH HCPS AND PATIENTS, FROM BRANDING (CORPORATE & PRODUCT) TO IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES. THEIR WORK IS DEEPLY ROOTED IN HUMAN INSIGHTS AND STRATEGY THROUGH ALL PHASES OF A BRAND LAUNCH. THEIR ROSTER OF CLIENTS RANGES FROM SMALL BIO-TECH COMPANIES IN THE EARLIER STAGES OF THEIR DEVELOPMENT TO LARGE BRANDS LAUNCHING INNOVATIVE TREATMENTS.
- Pitch and sell in ideas that are creatively brave and strategically on point directly to clients at the C-Suite level.
- Build a creative department; implement and iterate on process while overseeing the transition of the current external creative team to ensure the current creative output is not just unaffected but growing.
- Collaborate directly with the senior leadership team and the board to develop the agency’s future, expanding creative capabilities in the short term and long term.
- Collaborate with each of the practice leads (New Business, Strategy, Marketing, Technology, Account, Scientific Services) to create, develop, refine, and execute creative idea from concept through completion.
- Talent retention: define the career trajectories of your individual team members, fostering their growth over time.
- Own and oversee compelling strategically driven creative from brainstorm through production across the entire agency portfolio.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 15+ years (minimum, no maximum!) of professional experience with recent agency experience that clearly demonstrates the ability to simultaneously work across different brands, different types of campaigns, at different stages, that solve for different problems.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a team
- Demonstrated ability to pitch & win new business
- Deep understanding of all components within a campaign, no matter how small one aspect may be.
- New to market launch brand experience
- Small agency experience
- Production experience
- Deep experience with the regulatory process of health and wellness brands, with the demonstrated ability to push back to ensure the highest quality of creative output.
Please note, this role is for an experienced SVP CD on the rise or a GCD.