A large non-profit that provides affordable housing to NYC families in need is seeking a highly experienced and motivated Human Resources Deputy Director to lead the team and oversee HR policies and procedures.
This is a newly created position that would sit directly underneath the Head of Human Resources, who intends to retire in the coming years therefore offering a clear path to promotion.
This individual will join a 10-person team, helping oversee all human resources functions across the board. This is a company with extremely low turnover, a strong mission-driven culture, and an incredibly kind leadership team that doesn’t believe in yelling.
- Develop and manage HR strategies, including leadership development, employee relations, performance management, and talent acquisition
- Provide consultation and guidance to company leadership on HR-related matters
- Develop and maintain HR policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with employment laws and regulations
- Oversee and manage employee benefit programs
- Develop and manage performance management systems
- Manage talent management and succession planning programs
- Manage employee relations initiatives, including investigations and conflict resolution
- Oversee and manage labor relations functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources management, preferably in the non-profit sector or real estate industry.
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws, regulations and policies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven track record of developing and implementing HR policies and procedures.