The Project Accountant will have diverse responsibility across project accounting and financial reporting for this NYC based General Contractor. Ideally the successful candidate will have Sage 300 experience.
- The Project Accountant reports directly to the Accounting Supervisor and/or Controller and is responsible for all project related accounting functions across single or multiple projects.
- Works with project team(s) to ensure timely and accurate submission of construction billings for all assigned projects.
- Assist project management team and subcontractors with ensuring timely receipt of and compliance with all required project documentation.
- Input vendor and subcontractor’s invoices, obtain Project Management teams approval for payment. Process subcontractors’ payment and manage subcontractor’ accounts. Communicate with vendors and subcontractors invoices payments’ status.
- Enter Subcontractor and Vendor commitments into the accounting system.
- Review monthly project cash flow, compiling support for owner funding
- Work with and attend monthly cost report meetings, to verify costs, coding and accurately forecast costs.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or business administration.
· Minimum of 2-4 years’ related project accounting experience; construction industry accounting experience is a plus.
· Strong organization skills and ability to effectively coordinate multiple functions and independently achieve objectives.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications.
· Sage 300 accounting system and Procore experience is a plus but not required.