Our client, an award winning REIT focuses on the investment, development, construction, acquisition, and operation of high-quality residential rental communities in the nation’s best markets is seeking a Project Engineer to join their growing team. The Project Engineer position is assigned to the field operations team and will assist in obtaining, evaluating and coordinating all information needed for the ground-up construction of high density residential and mixed use projects.
- 75-80k base salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Employer sponsored short and long term disability, Life and ADD insurance
- 401k with employer matching
- Paid time off benefits: Vacation, Sick, Holidays
- Perform line and grade work for building layout and control as required
- Assist in the implementation of the site safety program as required and ensure subcontractor compliance with MCRT safety standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Assist in the maintenance of contract documents and electronic web based documents for field operations.
- Assist in the preparation of daily construction reports (DCR’s).
- Review all work as it is being placed to be sure it is accurate, within accepted tolerances and in compliance with the project construction documents.
- Review contract drawings, specifications and shop drawings to ensure proper coordination and installation.
- Assist in the preparation of project as builts documentation.
- Track the progress of field work for assigned trades
- Coordinate work sequence and locations
- Track availability and shipment status of critical equipment and materials
- Ensure products used are the products approved for use
- Make assessments of schedule progress and trade manpower requirements
- Create and track punch list completion
Education and/or Experience
- Degree in engineering architecture or related specialty. Building construction experience and summer internship/co-op experience in construction highly desirable.
- Must have good interpersonal and networking skills, desire to learn
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Proficient with computer applications as required to perform responsibilities
- A basic understanding of scheduling programs
- Knowledge of Procore and Textura are a plus.
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite of software programs is preferred.