OUR CLIENT, AN AWARD-WINNING MID-SIZE INDEPENDENT AGENCY, IS SEEKING A SENIOR RESOURCE AND OPERATIONS MANAGER. THIS PERSON WILL BE THE RIGHT HAND TO THE SVP DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS AND WILL BE IN THE UNIQUE POSITION TO DEVELOP, REFINE, AND ESTABLISH PROCESS IN COLLABORATION WITH THE C-SUITE TEAM.
THEY WILL MANAGE 30+ TEAM MEMBERS IN CREATIVE, DIGITAL, MEDIA, STRATEGY AND ANALYTICS – ACROSS OVER 30 BRANDS (AND COUNTING) – RANGING IN SCOPE FROM SMALL TO LARGE ($700K-MMs). THIS PERSON WILL WORK IN COLLABORATION WITH CREATIVE DIRECTORS TO OWN STAFFING OF SOME BRANDS INDEPENDENTLY WHILE SUPPORTED BY SEVERAL PROJECT MANAGERS ON THE AGENCY’S LARGER PORTFOLIOS.
- Daily resourcing for the following integrated departments: mainly creative in addition to analytics, media and digital.
- Ensure appropriate kick-off and milestone tracking helping to solve problems and pivot as needed
- Maintain projections for staff workloads, proactively identifying over-allocations and making the case for freelance support as needed
- Manage burn reports and meetings to see how teams are executing against projections and budgets, identifying potential inefficiencies, under-scoping, or over-investment as well as learnings for future scoping and staffing
- Manage vendor and freelancer contracting, scoping, and negotiating project rates – including the management of external recruitment support.
- Identify and propose process improvements
- Partner with Project Management on staffing and long-term planning, accounting for expected incremental work
- Partner with the SVP Operations on process improvements, agency growth opportunities, and revenue benchmarks
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in resource management, project management and/or creative operations for design, advertising and/or marketing teams
- Budgeting and scoping experience for social, digital, print, video
- Experience working with Project Management software (Asana, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Experience managing freelancers
- Resource management for teams of 30+
- Self-starter, flexible, highly organized, detail-oriented, reliable, with the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Clear and concise communicator with negotiation skills