OUR CLIENT, A HIGHLY REPUTABLE GROWING REAL ESTATE FIRM, IS LOOKING FOR A STAFF ACCOUNTANT. THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO BE A PART OF A TEAM THAT WORKS ON THE DAY-TO-DAY, MONTHLY, AND QUARTERLY PROPERTY ACCOUNTING NAD REPORTING FOR A COMMERCIAL PROPERTY PORTFOLIO.
IT’S AN OPPORTUNITY TO WORK FOR A FIRM WHERE THE PARTNERS AND PRACTICE LEADS DEEPLY CARE ABOUT EACH PERSON ON THE TEAM. IT’S AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE YOUR GROWTH IS A HIGH PRIORITY. SOME TEAM MEMBERS HAVE EVEN BEEN WITH THE FIRM SINCE THEY GRADUATED! THIS ROLE REPORTS TO THE PROPERTY CONTROLLER.
- General Ledger/Journal Entry input and reconciliation to sub-ledgers.
- Maintain schedules including escrows, accruals, straight-line rent and pre-paid schedules.
- Assist with lender draw requests for escrow/reserve drawdown.
- Review leases and calculate Tenant Real Estate Tax escalations, Utility escalations, CPI escalations and Operating Expense escalations.
- Prepare Tenant Rent Billings.
- Respond to billing/lease inquiries from tenants.
- Contact tenants regarding open items and non-payment of rent.
- Review and post lock box tenant receipts.
- Prepare reporting for arrears meetings.
- Assist Accounting team with monthly closing reports
- Assist with Income Budget/Reforecast preparation in Excel and Yardi.
- Assist in preparation of year end audit workpapers. Analysis and reconciliation of the accounts.
- Special projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with 1-3 years of experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word & Outlook
- Accounting software experience a plus (i.e. Yardi, MRI, Timberline, QuickBooks etc.)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills