OUR CLIENT, AN AWARD-WINNING MID-SIZE INDEPENDENT AGENCY, IS SEEKING A SVP GROUP CREATIVE DIRECTOR OF ART TO PARTNER CLOSELY WITH THEIR COPY PARTNER AND CCO TO LEAD A CREATIVE TEAM TO GROUNDBREAKING CONCEPTUAL CREATIVE CAMPAIGNS FOR TOP CONSUMER BRANDS AND OVERSEE 360 CONCEPTING WITH A FOCUS ON EARNED AND BUZZ WORTHY SOCIAL.
WHO YOU ARE & WILL BE:
THIS PERSON MUST HAVE A DEMONSTRATED TRACK RECORD OF LEADERSHIP, CREATIVE DIRECTING AND ART DIRECTION/DESIGN EXPERIENCE WITH A DEEP UNDERSTANDING OF DIGITAL AND SOCIAL COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGIES ACROSS TRADITIONAL, DIGITAL, SOCIAL, EXPERIENTIAL/ACTIVATIONS, AND VIDEO.
THE RIGHT PERSON WILL BE COMFORTABLE OVERSEEING THE DAY-TO-DAY CREATIVE OUTPUT OF THE TEAM, JUMPING IN AND TAKING INITIATIVE, DIRECTING OTHERS BUT ALSO ABLE TO EXECUTE, AND 100% ACCOUNTABLE FOR CLIENT SUCCESS. THE GROUP CREATIVE DIRECTOR WILL BE COMFORTABLE AS A DISCIPLINE LIAISON, BUILDING RAPPORT WITH OTHER DISCIPLINE LEADS TO FOSTER GROWTH THROUGHOUT THE AGENCY, WHILE HELPING TEAM-BUILD INTERNALLY TO DRIVE CREATIVE TEAM GROWTH. THIS PERSON MUST BE WELL VERSED IN WHAT IT TAKES TO HELP RUN A DEPARTMENT OPERATIONALLY AS WELL AS CREATIVELY, WITH A GRASP OF BUSINESS AND CREATIVE OBJECTIVES.
THIS GCD WILL BE SUPPORTED BY A TOP PERFORMING AWARD-WINNING TEAM OF CREATIVES, AS WELL AS PUBLIC RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS PLANNERS. THIS POSITION HAS A TREMENDOUS OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH WITHIN AN AGENCY WITH THE VISION (AND TEAM IN PLACE) TO CREATE DISRUPTIVE DIGITAL WORK.
- Manage creative campaigns from conception to execution for top tier consumer accounts
- Collaborate with GCD/Copy partner to manage a team of 30+ creatives across all existing clients and new business
- Mentor a motivated team of junior + mid-level creatives, both Art Direction/Design + Copy
- Develop + deliver thought leadership + creative solutions across social media platforms
- Communicate + present concepts + design rationale/specifics + propose innovative design strategies to agency leaders
- Promote continual creative improvement + actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence + accountability
- Direct all phases of creative work from concept through production
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of experience
- Strong experience in a Creative Director role, working across digital, traditional + social campaigns
- Experience directing campaigns from concept-completion
- Extremely comfortable mentoring creatives at all levels, directly managing 10+ direct reports, while continuing to grow the team (vetting talent in, not out)
- Conceptual creative portfolio, heavy on consumer goods + social
- Passion for new digital technologies + emerging trends
- Understanding of wellness + strategic requirements that come along with consumers is ideal
- Strong ability to leverage social influencers to impact brand momentum