Our client, a mission-based start-up in the fintech space, is seeking a UX Researcher! This product, launching in North America for the first time, is focused on improving the lives of kids! And who doesn’t want to help kids? The goal is to fully prepare every child for adulthood by teaching kids how to handle their finances to boldly face later financial pressures. The goal: give kids of all ages a safe space to learn through trial and error without debt that could hamper their financial future – all while providing parents with the security they need to keep their kids safe.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of the product, customer experiences, and go-to-market plans.
- Collect insights and analyze behavior from prospects and customers using a variety of methods including qual studies, surveys, usability studies, ethnography, and interrogation of existing data.
- Work with Product Managers and Marketing leaders to prioritize research opportunities and define a research roadmap. The research roadmap should include both longer-term studies and more tactical research to support specific product or marketing initiatives.
- Build a panel of contacts made up of existing customers and non-existing customers that you can call on for insights.
- Organize and facilitate a regular cadence of user testing and research sessions with US customers.
- Provide insights and share learnings with the UK researchers and product teams
- You will be expected to explore bigger themes and questions we have. Both identifying and evaluating hypotheses, and using primary and secondary user research as required.
- Champion research findings to key stakeholders through written reports and in-person presentations. Encourage stakeholders to participate in research to remain close to their customers.
- Proactively communicate with internal stakeholders to define and meet project deliverables.
- Bachelor’s or Masters in Anthropology, Psychology, Human-computer interaction (HCI), a related field or equivalent practical experience in research.
- 4+ years in a research role in a B2C environment.
- Experience collecting actionable insights for product, design, and marketing practices.
- Experience planning/conducting quantitative & qualitative research, including in-depth interviews, contextual inquiries, diary studies, personas, card sorting, and usability studies (live or remote using tools like Usertesting.com) to discover and validate customer needs and how we satisfy them.
- Experience in survey design and working knowledge of statistics.
- Strong experience and understanding of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product design process.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
- Strong customer empathy and adept at making research participants feel at ease.
- Ability to convey your ideas via strong communication and presentation skills.
- A self-starter who is motivated to kick start and manage their own projects and welcomes challenges, seeks feedback from others, shows perseverance on long-term goals, and generally goes above and beyond in their work in a fast-paced environment.