Our client, an independent agency specializing in creating culturally relevant campaigns that change the conversation, is looking for a Video Editor. This person will bring concepts to life through storytelling, rhythm, visual and sound. This person is responsible for the video and audio editing of a wide array of projects that vary in scale, style, and scope, and employ different techniques for success on various platforms (social & digital especially).
- Edit live-action and/or b-roll video for a variety of applications: including social & digital channels, case studies for internal use, experiential displays, and more.
- Able to proactively communicate effectively with team members to meet deadlines and creative deliverables for clients
- Leverage the supplied creative brief, scripts or content outlines, and light screen direction or shot list to develop rough cuts that demonstrate a clear understanding of storylines and video objectives.
- Collaborate closely with creative and engagement teams to establish desired editorial approach for all videos in development.
- Work with producers, designers, copywriters, and creative directors to ensure projects are on brief, on brand, and collaborative.
- Gather and transfer all forms of media that might be necessary for post and optimize for final exports.
- Edit, design, mix, and master audio for both video and audio applications.
- Implement motion graphics in videos.
- Provide basic color correction and grading in videos.
- Aid Senior Video Supervisor in larger projects and maintaining excellent post-production practices.
- Maintain file organization system by keeping projects clearly organized and collected for archiving purposes with an organized file structure.
Skills and Experience:
- Existing reel that demonstrates a variety of brand experience
- 2-4 years of experience (minimum, no maximum!) in editing content and creating motion graphics for advertising, film, video, and/or commercial projects.
- Expertise in Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Written and verbal communication skills, able to keep all project stakeholders aware of project status.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Time management skills and ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Understanding of modern video trends and techniques.