Our Client is a Real Estate development, leasing, and management firm that is seeking a VP Acquisitions who will help locate deals that present excellent financial opportunities both short-term and with long-term upside potential in a diverse range of asset classes including commercial, industrial, life sciences, and hospitality.
- Identify and acquire new equity acquisition and joint venture opportunities.
- Analyze, structure, and evaluate potential transactions.
- Work with attorneys and acquisitions associates.
- Work with senior management to orchestrate financing on all deals.
- Partner with internal team to handle all mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, and recapitalizations* Cold call and contact brokers, landlords, and developers to develop new leads on properties.
- Utilize contacts to secure new acquisition opportunities.
- Employ persuasive negotiation/deal-making skills; negotiate open terms and close transactions.
- Work with acquisitions associates and consultants to complete financial analysis.
- Conduct market research including:
- Supply and demand factors
- Complete due diligence, make recommendations regarding issues and findings.
- Help interpret complex financial analyses
- Provide updates on all potential acquisitions
- Work with Marketing department to create brand imaging
- Attend tradeshows and industry events to cultivate contacts
* Must be able to take a deal from inception to closing
* Extensive experience handling large transactions from start to finish
* Thorough understanding of lease negotiations
* Self-starter and able to work independently with the ability to work in a team environment
* Extreme attention to detail
* Strong presentation skills
* Positive, proactive work ethic and approach
* Well-developed organizational skills.
* Flexibility and ability to multitask.
* Able to work in a fast-paced evolving environment.
* Strong relationship management skills.
* Resourceful and persuasive in nature.
* Superior verbal and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of lease language and industry practices.
* Computer savvy with financial modeling tools.
* Willing to travel extensively.
* Minimum of 7 years related industry experience.
* Masters degree preferred