Our client, an award-winning creative and digital-first small/mid-size independent agency is seeking a Creative Director of Copy to partner closely with both SVP Creative Directors across 2 major brand portfolios. This person will ideate and create culturally resonate campaigns concept-to-completion across a range of CPG brands & food/Bev in addition to mentoring junior and mid-level creatives.
As a creative leader, this person will focus on elevating and mentoring junior and mid-level creatives across a range of clients in a fast-paced environment. They will focus on retained clients and new business, pitching and selling through ideas directly to clients and internal leadership, constantly challenging the status quo.
- Ideate creative campaigns that are creatively brave and strategically on point, while incorporating and challenging the latest trends across digital & social.
- Concept-completion: own and oversee compelling culturally relevant creative from brainstorm through production
- Pitch and sell through concepts to clients and internal leadership for both new business and existing clients.
- Direct all phases of copy, managing 5+ brands/campaigns simultaneously
- Collaborate directly with SVP CD and CCO to create, develop, refine and execute creative concepts
- 9+ years (minimum, no maximum!) of professional copywriting experience with recent agency experience that clearly demonstrates the ability to work across different brands, different types of campaigns, that solve for different problems.
- Demonstrated ability, either directly or in-directly, overseeing the creative output of multiple junior and mid-level teams, to harness the power of their team, and continue to develop an inclusive, highly collaborative, ego-free culture of the agency.
- Social & digital campaign experience is a must, branding is a bonus!
- Production experience is a must
Please note, this role is either for an experienced VP ACD or someone who is currently a creative director!