Our client, a leading law firm for personal injury, is seeking a CFO to lead and enhance the firm’s finance operations and manage ongoing financial accounting/budgeting. This individual will also have the ability to build out the department with the support of a Controller and additional support staff.
- Develop and manage core Finance processes and practices in a responsive, proactive, and impactful manner.
- Provide Finance support to strategic initiatives and organizational needs.
- Partner with key leaders and stakeholders to create financial management practices aligned with the broader organizational strategy.
- Partner with the Controller to develop a structured monthly close inclusive of a comprehensive financial reporting package to provide timely and robust data to assist the organization in making business decisions.
- Partner with Business Unit Leaders and Managing Partners to develop spending plans that align with overall organizational strategy.
- Hire, lead, mentor, evaluate and develop the Finance team and Technology Teams.
- Partner with the Managing Attorneys, and Controller to prepare the annual budget, prepare and report financial analyses (ongoing as well as ad hoc), in both quantitative and narrative form, as well as develop financial forecasts to benchmark financial health and facilitate short and long-term planning.
- Continually assess the company’s financial strategies to ensure they remain compliant with regulatory, operational, and legal changes.
- Manage the interaction with external auditors and oversee the production of financial statements/tax documents.
- Identify, review and report on areas of potential institutional risk and propose mitigations; manage the insurance program.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA, CMA, and/or MBA preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience. The candidate will have either led an enterprise-wide Finance function or will have served as a senior Finance business partner for a major division or as a direct report to the Chief Financial Officer or equivalent
- Experience working in a Law Firm is preferred
- CPA designation is highly preferred
- Must be willing to work in the office 4 days a week.