Our client is seeking a Commercial Property Manager.
The purpose of the Property Manager (PM) position is to assist with the day‐to‐day
functions of the property management department and the functions of the Director of Property Management to which he/she is assigned. The focus of the job is to support the Director of Property Management in all aspects of management pertaining to each property. The PM is the liaison between the tenants and the Director of Property Management for maintenance and many tenant issues at commercial properties.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting Memos and/or making phone calls to Tenants related to leasing issues and
preventive maintenance scheduling
- Issuing keys to technicians/vendors, keeping logs of who has keys, and ensuring return of
- Perform all necessary functions to facilitate Tenant “Move In” and “Move Out”
- Informing the tenant of the lease obligations and present them with keys,
notifying them as their expiration date approaches & informing them of their
obligations upon move out
- Performing walkthroughs of buildings and coordinating repairs related to deficiencies noted
- Processing Security deposit returns
- Assist Director of Leasing with budgeting for prospective tenants
- Recurring accounting deliverables (create annual operating budgets, quarterly variance analysis and monthly accruals)
- Minor assistance with Washington DC management personnel
Maintain logs related to:
- Code compliance
- Insurance certificates
- Capital project costs
- Obtaining Bids – Capital and repair/maintenance projects
The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel,
Word and Outlook. Previous experience with Yardi is beneficial. The candidate must have experience associated with administrative duties and possess strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple job functions. A strong background in customer service, some basic knowledge of building construction, and experience in coordinating and scheduling are essential.
Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- CPM and/or RPA designation preferred
- Minimum 5 years of property management experience, preferably in commercial management.
- Ability to work well with a variety of different individuals both inside and outside of the company.
- Valid real estate license preferred