Who we are
Our client is a Long Island based design-build General Contractor that believes in trust and shared values. They are a family owned and oriented business with 35+ years of proven success in a variety of markets including retail, cold storage, education, hospitality and more.
The Superintendent provides overall onsite management and technical direction in accordance with company policies, project documents and federal/state/local governmental regulations to ensure safety, quality, cost and productivity. Additional responsibilities include:
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise onsite functions such as scheduling, engineering, material control, and safety
- Manage and communicate proactively and immediately, presenting solutions and preventative measures
- Work as a part of the joint project management team to develop and implement project procedures, best practices, working documents, and standards
- Ensure that all onsite personnel comply with the project procedures, safety program requirements, and work rules
- Review project progress, schedules and requirements for completion while determining and recommending changes in methods, schedules and/or procedures to ensure budgets are met or exceeded
- Create and maintain a 3 week look ahead schedule to ensure that any scheduling issues are resolved before they begin
- Motivate and inspire employees and subcontractors through positive reinforcement and timely feedback on expectations for safety, quality, productivity and related goals.
- Provide construction expertise in support of the project through interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment as required for the successful completion of the project
- Assist with maintenance and updating of the project schedule and milestone reporting, and projecting future schedule activities.
Required Education and Experience
- Five to 10 years of related experience within NYC Ground up, high end retail, or facade projects
- Computer experience in Microsoft Excel, and other business-related software is desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Active NYC DOB License
- Effective written and verbal communication skills