Our client is seeking a Preconstruction Manager to join their high-performing team. The Preconstruction Manager will produce cost estimates and budgets for projects at a variety of stages. This individual may also be responsible to produce value engineering exercises during preconstruction or during the production of change orders and budgets for projects already in construction.
- Manage and develop strong relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
- Ensure the timely collection of supporting subcontractor bids, in addition to the timely production of estimates, budgets.
- Prepare conceptual budgets and take-offs.
- Drawing reviews and logistics planning
- Early Buyout leveling sheets
- Perform Value Engineering exercises and analyses.
- Manage subcontractor prequalification summaries and proprietary subcontractor and unit pricing databases.
- Maintain project comparisons and bid lists.
- Regular site visits
- Thorough understanding of all common building systems and materials
- Complete proficiency in reading and understanding all types of drawings (or a strong technical background indicating that the achievement of this proficiency is forthcoming)
- Complete familiarity with estimating concepts
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel
- Minimum Beginner s proficiency in AutoCAD
- Minimum Beginner-level proficiency with Revit and BIM platforms
- High proficiency in Microsoft Project, P6, or similar
- Strong Quantity Take-off ability
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize work assignments
Education And Experience
- Bachelor s Degree in a related field desired
- 5 Years minimum in construction management or a related field