Our client, a Real Estate Developer/Builder is seeking a Project Accountant
Location: Larchmont, NY
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Contracts: Acquire and review all development contracts and construction subcontracts, including all supporting information.
- Contracts: Enter and / or review contract detail in Sage 300 / Timberline and / or Procore.
- Contracts: Monitor commitments and review with Project Managers.
- Billing: Interact with Project Managers to acquire information to generate all monthly construction billings to developers.
- Billing: Enter data, print, and review monthly AIA billings.
- A/P: Data entry, review, and payment of subcontractor requisitions and other construction and development invoices using Timberscan and Sage 300 / Timberline for major ground-up construction and preservation projects.
- A/P: Code invoices for vendor ID, job number, commitment, et. al. and match invoices to each contract or subcontract and attach related supporting documentation.
- A/P: Review insurance certificates to ensure contract compliance.
- Bank loan draws: Prepare monthly loan draw packages for bank.
- Accounting: Reconcile vendor records with ours, including loan balances.
- Accounting: Post entries as well as perform various ad hoc projects.
- Interact with construction and development Project Managers, in-house insurance group, and vendors to answer questions and resolve any discrepancies and / or issues.
- 2+ years of experience
- Timberscan and Sage 300/Timberline experience preferred.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving / judgment skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- Proficiency in all MS Office programs including Excel
- Construction experience preferred.