This client is a prominent real estate developer based in Westchester, NY. They are looking to bring on a Project Controller to oversee a newly acquired property built on 1,400 acres including a golf course that is an official PGA Tour host!
• Prepares and enters all project job cost and journal entries necessary to maintain budget cost categories and ledger accounts to accurately reflect financial activity and balances
• Fully responsible for the cash management of the development entities, including processing of wire transfers and collection of fees, loan disbursements and equity contributions.
• Project cash management including the review of bank reconciliations.
• Responsible for the general ledger for all entities associated with development projects.
• Track and code all details of project/development costs by budget, commitments, actuals, and forecasts using the job costing module.
• Perform month end close journal entries and reconciliations.
• Tracking the cost of various investments which may involve complex reconciliations of general ledger activity
• Prepare and provide periodic and year end work papers and documentation as necessary for external tax accountants to prepare the tax returns.
• Reviewing draft closing statements including prorations and handle post-closing true-ups
• Cash flow and taxable income reporting/forecasts
• Calculation of tax basis for estimate of gain on sale
• Corporate accounts payable, and timely processing of debt service, rent, and other payables
• Fully responsible for preparation of timely financial reporting to ownership
• Willingness to learn aspects of the operations accounting of the investments
• Ability to recognize inefficiencies and provide solutions to streamline processes and procedures
• Special projects and assignments as requested.
• Review of payables for required approvals and appropriate coding
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or similar discipline.
• 7 or more years of experience in real estate and/or construction project accounting required.
• Extensive experience working with a major general ledger and job cost accounting software system (Yardi preferred)
• Excellent MS Excel skills